Sunday, 5 August 2012

RAF SIMONS - THE PARACHUTE BOMBER JACKET



Here it is... the INFAMOUS spring/summer 2003 Raf Simons parachute bomber jacket. An unbelievably lucky find on eBay.







Raf's SS03 collection, 'Consumed'...











The jacket features in CIRCLING OVERLAND, the short film made for Raf by Jean-Francois Carly:



The other SS03 items I own are the printed shirt and the CONSUMED sweater.  I'm always on the lookout for more pieces from that collection. Below are images which I have saved of SS03 pieces which were are some point for sale on eBay / Yahoo Auctions, but which I haven't managed to buy yet:










10 comments:

  1. you don't look very healthy

    ReplyDelete
  2. you sure did put the hard work in then, it finally paid off

    ReplyDelete
  3. this coat is so you! to be honest when I saw it I had a feeling you'd want to get this, it's raf, it's cool, the name 'parachute' in it is appealing too, what's not to like! good buy-

    xx nathan.niche
    http://www.the-provoker.com/2012/08/dolce-far-niente.html
    http://www.bloglovin.com/en/blog/3896745

    ReplyDelete
  4. The functionality + the raf = bliss
    Also just noticed the fence graphic in the white/black ashplat top is rather similar to the one in the upcoming Raf show.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Does this mean you wanna sell the Pyramid bomber to me?

    Best,
    D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really fantastic outfit. I wish I could dress like this everyday... Unfortunately I would need the haircut and slim hip-less figure as well. We can't have everything in one lifetime I suppose....Someone at Raf Simons needs to hire you....I hope you do more outfit posts, your style is an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  7. perfect "smuggling" jacket, i want it !!

    ReplyDelete
  8. please make a post about winter jackets

    ReplyDelete
  9. no one ever looked better in it :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations for this wonderful reading article. I found it very informative and interesting too, I think you are a brilliant writer. I have bookmarked your blog and will return in the future. I want to encourage you to continue that marvelous work, have a great daytime!I am a china tour lover,You can learn more: China travel | private China tours | China Tourist Attractions

    ReplyDelete