Saturday, 11 June 2011

DUST MAGAZINE

DUST is a new London-based magazine. Ordinarily the thought of (yet) another new magazine would do little to excite me, when the world is awash with identikit 'cool' new publications with no real point of view, but DUST is different.

The fact that it is full of pictures of angst-ridden youths, photographed against crushingly mundane backdrops, means it is right up my street, but somehow there's more to it that that. I don't know anything about the team behind DUST, but the sense of emotion which it conjures up is extraordinary. It's an aggressive magazine. Each page jumps right out at you. It's very uncompromising, and I've never come across a magazine quite like it before. The icing on the cake is that it's beautifully printed on matt paper, and has strong typography. Let me tell you, it is worth every penny of the £15 cover price.

CLICK ALL IMAGES TO ENLARGE

dustmagazine.com

12 comments:

  1. this looks so incredible, I so wish I could get my hands on a copy..

    ReplyDelete
  2. did my last comment get published? not sure. anyways, i said it seems very your sort of thing

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can buy it online from their website...postage is quite expensive though

    ReplyDelete
  4. this look amazing. know of any london stockists by any chance? thanks

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks cool.

    http://initialed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. How much did they pay you?

    ReplyDelete
  7. the answer to that question is precisely nothing! i also paid for my copy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. great post as usual.
    would love to see a 'wardrobe voyeurism pt2' too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. brilliant. however if i do miraculously find a store here in toronto that sells it, it would probably set me back way too much for my thin wallet to handle.

    ReplyDelete
  10. DUST is amazing !!! and i really can't wait to see their 2nd issue in this year !!!
    best greets from berlin

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh... nothing new, i mean it seems manufactured for somebody who likes raf simons and the whole rock'n'roll pretence.... i'd feel betrayed

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. who doesn't like raf simons?

      Delete