Thursday, 25 February 2010
Time for random fashion images, which I like, from my big imagery file.
1. As if this picture needs any explaination! (source: unknown)
2. YSL logo stencil street art/graffiti (source: Colette Team blog)
3. !! (source: Purple Diary)
4. The very stylish Robert Rabensteiner, Fashion Editor of L'Uomo Vogue (source: Jak & Jil for GQ.com)
5. Gucci store of the past (source: unknown)
6. Carine Roitfeld in Rick Owens fur. Rick Owens is about the only designer who can make fur look contemporary. I'm not crazy about fur, but this coat looks fantastic (partly thanks to Carine of course!) (source: unknown)
7. Jean Paul Gaultier 1985 androgynous advert; love this (source: TFS)
8. The enduring power of the white t-shirt (source: ilovefake)
9. David LaChapelle's iconic 1999 Fruit photo of Naomi Campbell* (source: artnet)
10. Diane Pernet being interviewed (source: Yvan Rodic)
11. Helmut Lang 1997 ad campaign featuring artist Louise Bourgeois (source: TFS)
12. Katie Grand's custom, bespoke Prada shoes, based on FW09 (source: unknown)
13. High-res Chanel (source: Sea of Shoes)
14. Y-3 fall/winter 2010 shoes from New York Fashion Week just passed (source: The Cobrasnake)
* I can never really decide if this image is pandering to somewhat offensive racial stereotypes, or if it's making fun of them. Either way, it is a very striking and now-iconic picture of Naomi.
If you know the sources of any images where I've put 'unknown', leave a comment or email me and I'll add the links in.